★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- refrigerated pie crusts for 2 crust pie
- 2 c
- peeled, diced potatoes
- 1/2 c
- sliced carrots
- 1/4 c
- chopped onions
- 1 1/2 c
- beef, chicken, venison or pork cut into small pieces
- 1/4 c
- green peas
- 1 small
- can/jar of your favorite canned gravy
- salt and pepper to taste
- egg, lightly beaten or egg substitute
How to Make Easy Pot Pie
- 1Place bottom crust in a deep dish 10 inch pie plate.
Add potatoes, carrots, onions, peas.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Place meat on top of veggies and pour gravy over meat.
Place top crust and crimp edges to seal.
Brush top of pie with beaten egg/egg substitute with a pastry brush.
Cut vents in top crust.
- 2Place on a cookie sheet in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- 3Allow pie to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Do not skip this step, the filling will be very runny if you don't do this.
Slice and enjoy. Makes great leftovers too.