2eggplants, large and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
·olive oil, extra virgin
3 Tbsporegano, dried
·salt and pepper
1 lbtomatoes, chopped
4 large clovegarlic, minced
6 ozmozzarella cheese, grated or shredded
·parmesan cheese, grated
·if you prefer a milder garlic taste in your dishes, try roasted garlic or microwaving the minced garlic in a little extra virgin olive oil for about a minute, then add to your recipe.
How to Make Easy Eggplant Parmesan
- Brush the eggplant with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano; salt and pepper to taste.
- Place on a baking sheet in a single layer and place about 6-inches under a hot broiler. Broil on one side until brown and tender. (if brown before tender, you can flip them over, but it's not necessary). Repeat until all eggplant it browned.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease a 13x9 casserole/baking dish with ollive oil.
- Spread just enough tomatoes to cover the bottom of the pan lightly.
- Add a single layer of eggplant, then top with a light layer of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese (in that order). Continue layering until you end with parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover and bake for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- OPTIONAL - Uncover and bake about 5 more minutes to brown cheese more if desired.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool until room temperature before serving.