Drema's P-Nut Butter Pinto's
- 2 lb
- fresh pinto beans (dry) picked & washed in cold water
- 1/4 lb
- salted side meat/ fat back/ hamhocks
- 2 qt
- water (more or less depending whether using crock pot)
- 1/4 c
- peanut butter (smooth)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- canola oil
- 3 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp
- black pepper, ground
How to Make Drema's P-Nut Butter Pinto's
- 1Place beans in crock pot, cover with water (about 4 inches to cover), add all ingredients minus sugar and peanut butter. Adjust crock pot to cook overnite on Low for 8 hours. If using stovetop method cook beans as in recipe as usual. You will need to replenish water often as necessary and keep heat adjusted to medium.
- 2During the last hour of cooking (stove top method)add sugar and peanut butter stirring well. Lower heat and continue stove top cooking method for remaining 1 hour.
- 3ps - Using crockpot to cook beans I add the sugar and peanut butter after they finish cooking and stir well while they are still hot. Enjoy! Another favorite for fried cornbread!