- butter or vegetable oil to saute the veggies
- green bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- onion, chopped
- fresh mushrooms, chopped whatever amount suits you
- smoke sausage in casings, not breakfast sausage!
- hot dog buns
- mozzarella cheese, grated
- provolone cheese, grated
- mustard, my choice
- your choices
THE SAUTE STUFF BUT YOU CAN FREEZE ANY NOT USED
THE BREAD CHOICE
THE CHEESE CHOICES
How to Make Deli Dogs
- 1In Butter or Vegetable Oil, saute the Green Bell Pepper, Onion, & Mushrooms. Keep warm.
- 2Okay, you can steam the sausages or grill them on a grill, or pan fry them on your stove top, just get them done. These sausages are meant to be treated like a hotdog. My first time I made the mistake of using the wrong kind of sausage, & now hubby won't eat any, though the rest of us do now that I know better.
- 3TO PUT TOGETHER: Put the Cooked Sausage Dog into the Hot Dog Bun. Top with the Sauteed Veggies. Top now with the Cheese. At this point either carefully melt the cheese in microwave or toss into the oven and melt the cheese. Top with Condiment or Condiments or choice.