Dead Man Chilli in a Cornbread Coffin
How to Make Dead Man Chilli in a Cornbread Coffin
- mix your corbread according to the package. add several drops of black food coloring till mixure is black pour into a bread loaf pan bake coated with cooking spray in 400 degree oven till a butter knife comes out clean. let cool comlpetely.
- cut hot dogs in 1/4ths lenghth wise and boil in water till they curl up.
place bottom of cornbread coffin on a plate or platter
- with a long knife cut the top 1 inchof the corn bread gentley and set aside, with a sharp knife cut a rectangle out of the bottom of corn bread leaving 1in. walls and bottom, fill with chilli add hotdogs sticking out of chilli( to resemble worms)
- set the corbread on one edge of the bottom leaning over to reveal the chilli and hotdogs like a coffin lid
- mix the red food coloring to about table spoon of butter mix till red place in a sanwich bag with a small corner removed for decorating the coffin lid
- put the corn meal with green food coloring in a food processor to blend, place the colored corn meal around the coffin to resemble grass