You can make this into open faced sandwiches if you like or make it bruschetta style. (cut bread into 4 slices and toast on both sides.)
Serve with French fries or onion rings.
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 small
- onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c
- sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar(s)
- quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- french bread, cut into 2-6" pieces and sliced open
- 2 c
- shredded lettuce
- 1 c
- shredded mozzarella
- dill pickle slices
How to Make DC Special
- 1Preheat oven to broil.
- 2Place cooling rack on a baking sheet. Place bread, cut side up on rack and toast under the broiler. Remove from oven.
- 3In medium skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in olive oil until tender.
- 4Add artichokes and heat through. Add oregano, salt and pepper.
Remove from heat.
- 5Spread each piece of bread with mayonnaise. Divide lettuce between the 2 sandwiches.
- 6Using a slotted spoon divide the onion mixture between the 2 sandwiches. Top with shredded mozzarella and place under the broiler until cheese is melted.
- 7Serve warm with dill pickle slices on the side.