You can make this into open faced sandwiches if you like or make it bruschetta style. (cut bread into 4 slices and toast on both sides.)
Serve with French fries or onion rings.
3 Tbspolive oil
1 smallonion, thinly sliced
1 csliced mushrooms
1 jar(s)quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1 tspdried oregano
·salt and pepper
·french bread, cut into 2-6" pieces and sliced open
2 cshredded lettuce
1 cshredded mozzarella
·dill pickle slices
How to Make DC Special
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place cooling rack on a baking sheet. Place bread, cut side up on rack and toast under the broiler. Remove from oven.
- In medium skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in olive oil until tender.
- Add artichokes and heat through. Add oregano, salt and pepper.
Remove from heat.
- Spread each piece of bread with mayonnaise. Divide lettuce between the 2 sandwiches.
- Using a slotted spoon divide the onion mixture between the 2 sandwiches. Top with shredded mozzarella and place under the broiler until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with dill pickle slices on the side.