Dads Sausage Almond Casserole
I sometimes will change up the peppers and use multi-colored peppers.
- 4 1/2 c
- envelopes dehydrated chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 c
- uncle bens long grain rice
- 1 lb
- bulk sausage roll
- 1 1/2 c
- celery, chopped
- medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 c
- green pepper
- 2/3 c
- sliced blanched almonds
How to Make Dads Sausage Almond Casserole
- 1In large saucepan, bring water and soup mix to a boil.
Add rice and cover. Reduce heat to very gently boil for 25 minutes or until water is absorbed, remove from heat.
- 2While rice is cooking, fry sausage until browned. Remove meat from pan, reserving some fat for sauteing peppers and onions and celery until tender-crisp.
- 3Add rice, sausage and 1/2 cup of the almonds to vegetables reserving remainder of almonds for garnish.
Mix well. Turn into a 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle remaining almonds over top.
- 4Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through.