★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- smoked sausage, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- medium onion
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 box
- au gratin potatoes
- 4 medium
- carrots, chopped julienne strips
- 1 pkg
- frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 1/2 c
- hot water
How to Make Country Sausage and Potatoes Au Gratin
- 1In large skillet, cook sausage and onion in oil until onion is tender; about 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in potatoes, sauce mix, water, and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Stir in carrot strips. cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until carrots are crisp-tender and potatoes are tender.
- 4Stir in broccoli and cheese. Cover and cook until broccoli is heated through and cheese is melted; app. 5- 10 minutes, depending on how well done you prefer your broccoli.