Cornbread-Sausage-Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 12 oz
- bulk italian sausage
- 1 c
- finely chopped yellow summer squash
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped celery
- 1/2 c
- finely chopped onion
- large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 c
- cubed cornbread (1/2 inch) *
- 1 jar(s)
- (14-oz) spaghetti sauce
- medium assorted-color bell peppers (red, orange and yellow), halved lengthwise
- 1/3 c
- shredded parmesan cheese
How to Make Cornbread-Sausage-Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 11x7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Cook sausage in large skillet over medium-high heat 3-4 minutes or until beginning to brown, stirring frequently. Add squash, celery and onion; cook 5 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Add garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; gently stir in cornbread
- 3Pour spagetti sauce over bottom of baking dish. Spoon stuffing mixture into bell pepper halves, mounding as necessary. Arrange in baking dish; cover with foil.
- 4Bake 40-45 minutes or until peppers are almost tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake, uncovered, an additional 10 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- 5TIP: For best flavor, use cornbread without a lot of added sugar.