Cindi's Oven Barbecued Chicken
About -4 lbs. of chicken (6 thighs and 6 drumsticks)
salt,sprinkle on desired amount
pepper,sprinkle on desired amount
1 (18 oz.)bottle barbecue sauce (*see note)
How to Make Cindi's Oven Barbecued Chicken
- Line one 14-inch pizza pan in a criss-cross pattern, with 2 layers of aluminum foil, then spray the foil-lined pan with a non-stick cooking spray. (You can also use a baking sheet (with sides) to bake the chicken on it.)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the skin and any excess fat from the chicken, and season both sides of chicken with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on the pizza pan or baking sheet (meaty side down), and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven, turn chicken over, then place the pan back in the oven, and continue to bake the chicken for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven, turn chicken over (meaty side down), and top the chicken with the barbecue sauce. Place the pan back in the oven, and continue to bake for 15 minutes.
- Once again, remove pan from the oven, turn chicken over, and coat the other side of the chicken with more of the barbecue sauce. Return the pan to the oven, and finish baking the chicken for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken on serving platter, serve, and enjoy!
- *Note: The types of bbq sauce I have used for this recipe... Sweet Baby Ray's, Hunt's, Kraft's, and KC Masterpiece. All are thick in consistency, and makes the chicken taste great!