Chris's Manly Quiche
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- crust for 9
- 8 oz
- broccoli florets, steamed, cut small
- 8 -10 oz
- cooked ham, diced
- 8 - 10 oz
- colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp
- 3 - 5
- large eggs
- 12 oz
- evaporated milk
How to Make Chris's Manly Quiche
- 1Steam broccoli; drain. Make certain it is cut into small pieces.
- 2Line a pie plate with prepared pie dough. ( I use a deep dish glass pie plate with a Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust.)
- 3Sprinkle flour into crust-lined pie plate.
- 4Mix together ham, broccoli, and shredded cheese; spread evenly into crust.
- 5Beat together eggs and evaporated milk. Pour it evenly over ham mixture.
(Note: Sometimes I throw in some extra cheese or ham here, depending on how much I have on hand and how much space remains in pie plate.)
- 6Bake at 375 degrees F for 55 minutes, checking after 45 minutes to ensure color isn't getting too dark. If quiche darkens too quickly, cover edges with foil, then continue baking until quiche is set.
Allow quiche to rest 10 - 15 minutes before serving.