Chris's Manly Quiche
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1crust for 9
8 ozbroccoli florets, steamed, cut small
8 -10 ozcooked ham, diced
8 - 10 ozcolby jack cheese, shredded
3 - 5large eggs
12 ozevaporated milk
How to Make Chris's Manly Quiche
- Steam broccoli; drain. Make certain it is cut into small pieces.
- Line a pie plate with prepared pie dough. ( I use a deep dish glass pie plate with a Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust.)
- Sprinkle flour into crust-lined pie plate.
- Mix together ham, broccoli, and shredded cheese; spread evenly into crust.
- Beat together eggs and evaporated milk. Pour it evenly over ham mixture.
(Note: Sometimes I throw in some extra cheese or ham here, depending on how much I have on hand and how much space remains in pie plate.)
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 55 minutes, checking after 45 minutes to ensure color isn't getting too dark. If quiche darkens too quickly, cover edges with foil, then continue baking until quiche is set.
Allow quiche to rest 10 - 15 minutes before serving.