- 1 c
- instant corn masa flour (masa harina)
- 3/4 c
- lukewarm water
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- lard/manteca or oil (can sub grape seed, coconut, etc.)
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt or similar coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Chochoyotes
- 1In a large mixing bowl, mix the masa with the warm water, then KNEAD for approximately 1 minute, until dough is smooth and no lumps.
- 2Stir in the lard, cinnamon, salt and sugar; mix for another minute until well incorporated and smooth.
- 3Roll the dough into 1-inch balls, then with your little finger make a dimple in the middle of each dumpling. Keep the dumplings covered until ready to cook (they dry out quickly so be sure to cover them well!)