Chicken, Turkey, Beef Pot Pie
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cchicken or beef broth
1 cheavy cream or half and half
2 cvegetables of choice, can be canned that have been drained or frozen that has been thawed
2-3 cmeat cooked and diced or shredded
2potatoes cubed small and cooked
·pie crusts for a two crust pie
How to Make Chicken, Turkey, Beef Pot Pie
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place one pie crust into pie plate and seat it in well. Beat the egg white till foamy. Then brush the bottom and sides of pie crust. Place in oven 5 minutes to set egg which helps prevent soggy crust.
- Melt butter in a pot and stir in flour to form a thick paste. Add salt, pepper and any seasonings as desired (see note) . Stir in cream and chicken broth. Cook on a simmer until thick.
- Add veggies, potatoes and chicken. Pour into pie crust, top with the other. Add 1 tablespoon Half and Half to beaten egg white and stir. Paint top crust with this. Poke holes in the top to vent. I like to sprinkle the top crust lightly with a bit of kosher salt and pepper. Cook at 375 for 35 to 45 minutes.
- If you double the ingredients, you can make 3 pies or 2 really full ones.
- Notes: I like to add a small amount of button mushrooms that I have sauteed in butter. The seasonings I like to use are Morton's Natures Season, a couple of cloves crushed garlic, sometimes I add some Thyme or Sage. You can certainly use what you like or leave it plain. You can use leftover roast beef or cooked hamburger meat or any leftover roast meats from pork to lamb to venison. I change little things such as using portabella mushrooms with beef and creminis with turkey.