Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Bread
Inspired from a recipe at The Gunny Sack.
1soft loaf french bread, unsliced
2 ccooked chicken breasts, chopped or shredded
1/2 conion, diced
3 clovegarlic, finely minced
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/4 tspred pepper flakes, optional
2 cgrated mozzarella cheese
1/2 cparmesan cheese, grated
1/3 cfresh italian parsley (or 1 t dried)
14 ozalfredo sauce (or garlic/parmesan sauce)
8 ozmushroom stems and pieces, well drained (optional)
1/4 csliced black olives, well drained (optional)
How to Make Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Bread
- Lay foil on a sheet pan. Spray the foil with cooking spray.
- Cut the loaf of french bread in half horizontally (like a big submarine sandwich bun.) Pull out the soft bread in the center of both sides. Both halves should look like a shallow bowl. Spray the insides with cooking spray.
- In a microwave soft bowl place the 3 cloves of minced garlic and the onions. Micro until the onions and garlic are soft.
- In a larger bowl add the diced or shredded chicken, the red and black peppers, italian parsley, the softed onions and garlic. Stir in the mushrooms and/ or black olives if using. Add both cheeses.
- Add about half of the jar of alfredo sauce. Mix well. At this point look at the mixture and add more sauce as needed to have the mixture hold together. It should be spoonable, not too sloppy or soupy. This is a sandwich filling and you want it to hold together rather than ending up in your lap. ;-) I usually use under 2/3 of the jar total.
- Center the bottom half of the hollowed french loaf on the sprayed foil. Spoon the filling end to end. Place the top on it. Spray the top of the finished loaf.
- Wrap the stuffed bread with Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes until heated through. (For crisper bread, bake uncovered for the last 5 minutes.)
- Unwrap the loaf carefully. Let sit at least 5 minutes before cutting into slices. Serve and enjoy!