Cheesy Hominy & Ham Crockpot Casserole
You can easily substitute any kind of meat, or not use meat at all. Same goes with switching other veggies, and you can use any kind of cheese you like.
- 2 15.5 oz
- cans white or yellow hominy, drained
- 1 16oz pkg
- cubed, pre-cooked ham
- 1 8oz pkg
- sour cream
- 2-3 c
- cheese, shredded [this time i used some shredded cheddar and 4 cheese italian blend of shredded cheeses]
- 1 4 oz
- can chopped green chile's
- 1 4 oz
- can sliced mushroom stems & pieces, drained
- 1 6 oz
- can black olives, drained and sliced
- 1/4-1/3 c
- chopped onion, optional
- fresh ground black peppercorns, to suit your taste
I'M NOT SURE WHAT SIZE MY CROCKPOT IS, IT IS THE SMALLER OVAL HAMILTON BEACH MACHINE.
How to Make Cheesy Hominy & Ham Crockpot Casserole
- 1Mix the ingredients in the crockpot. Since I was here to keep an eye on the cooking food, I set the crockpot on high [my old crockpot's high setting isn't as hot as other machines I've had].
- 2Check the cooking process in half hour intervals and stir the contents in the crockpot so the cheese is mixing well as the food cooks.
- 3Once the crockpot's cheese is well blended and food is hot, about the 2-3 hour mark, turn the crockpot down to keep warm or low setting. Let food simmer until you are ready to serve.