Cheese, Zucchini and Spinach Rice Slice
This is nice served with a salad and a glass of wine for lunch on a weekend.
I use fresh spinach instead of frozen and just steam it for a bit in a wok and drain before adding it to the rice mixture.
- medium zucchini grated
- frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- spring onions, finely sliced
- 2/3 c
- uncooked long or medium grain rice
- 2/3 c
- reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 c
- reduced fat milk
- freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Cheese, Zucchini and Spinach Rice Slice
- 1Combine zucchini, spinach, spring onion,rice and cheese in a large bowl and toss to coat. Whisk together the eggs, milk and pepper. Pour into the bowl of rice mixture. Mix well. Spread rice mixture evenly into a deep 20cm x 30cm (30cm is 12 inches)baking dish lined with baking paper.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 F.
Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 30 minutes until eggs have set and rice is cooked.
- 3Cool to room temperature before serving or refrigerate until required.
To serve, cut into 12 squares and serve warm or cold.