Cheese-Stuffed Brown Sugar Bacon-wrapped BBQ Dogs
1 lball beef hot dogs (8 hot dogs)
8pieces string cheese, unwrapped
1/3 chickory brown sugar barbecue sauce (plus more for serving)
8 slicethin-cut applewood smoked bacon
3 Tbsplight brown sugar, packed
8hot dog rolls
How to Make Cheese-Stuffed Brown Sugar Bacon-wrapped BBQ Dogs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with no-stick aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each hot dog (do not cut all the way through).
- Stuff 1 piece of cheese into each hot dog
- Drizzle equal amount of barbecue sauce over each, letting sauce seep down into cut part of hot dog.
- Wrap each hot dog with a slice of bacon and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle equal amount of brown sugar on each hot dog, pressing down lightly so brown sugar adheres.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until bacon is cooked through.
- Serve in rolls with extra barbecue sauce, if desired.