CHEESE POTATO & SMOKED SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
Recipe and photo found on facebook.
- 3 c
- idaho potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut into cubes when cool, approx. 1 lb.
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/2 lb
- velveeta cheese, diced
- 1/2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb
- smoked sausage
- 1/8 tsp
How to Make CHEESE POTATO & SMOKED SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
- 1Cut skinless smoked sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop into 1/2 inch "half moon" cuts. Cook in a frying pan for about 15 minutes, turning frequently to SLIGHTLY brown.
- 2Meanwhile, put cooked & diced potatoes in 2 quart casserole. Add cooked meat and give it a gentle toss.
- 3Mix all remaining ingredients (except for shredded cheddar cheese & the paprika) in a saucepan over medium heat (stir constantly)until warm, melted and smooth.
- 4Pour cheese sauce over potatoes and meat. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese and paprika evenly over the top.
- 5Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 35-45 minutes (watch, until golden brown on top).