CHEESE POTATO & SMOKED SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
Recipe and photo found on facebook.
3 cidaho potatoes, peeled, boiled and cut into cubes when cool, approx. 1 lb.
1/2 lbvelveeta cheese, diced
1/2 csharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 lbsmoked sausage
How to Make CHEESE POTATO & SMOKED SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
- Cut skinless smoked sausage in half, lengthwise, and then chop into 1/2 inch "half moon" cuts. Cook in a frying pan for about 15 minutes, turning frequently to SLIGHTLY brown.
- Meanwhile, put cooked & diced potatoes in 2 quart casserole. Add cooked meat and give it a gentle toss.
- Mix all remaining ingredients (except for shredded cheddar cheese & the paprika) in a saucepan over medium heat (stir constantly)until warm, melted and smooth.
- Pour cheese sauce over potatoes and meat. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar cheese and paprika evenly over the top.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 35-45 minutes (watch, until golden brown on top).