~ Cheater Chicken & Dumplings ~
The main photo was taken the next day, after thickened once cooled...Yum!
- 1 - 3 lb
- roaster chicken, cleaned
- sage to taste - optional
- thyme to taste
- and pepper to taste
- 1 c
- each - chopped, celery, carrots and onion
- bay leaf
- chicken base to flavor broth
- 1/2 stick
- 1 can(s)
- condensed milk
- 3 can(s)
- canned buttermilk biscuits - each torn into fourths
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make ~ Cheater Chicken & Dumplings ~
- 1In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, add the cleaned chicken, thyme, salt, pepper, bay leaf, carrots, celery, onion and sage if using, and cover with water at least 2 inches above the chicken. Bring to a boil and then simmer until chicken is cooked and juices run clear. Make sure it's cooked close to the bone. Roughly 1 1/2 hours.
Remove chicken to cool. Strain broth and veggies into a large bowl and then add back to the pot.
- 3Tear biscuits into fourths and toss lightly with flour. Once broth is boiling, add biscuits a little at a time, stirring so they don't stick together, include any remaining flour.
Once all are added, simmer until biscuits are tender, about 30 minutes...stirring occasionally. Lastly stir in parsley.