Cathy's Tater Tot Casserole
Sorry I don't have a photo to offer. :-(
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef, or turkey, ckn (browned)
- 2 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup (suggestion: if you can find it in your area, try campbell's cream of onion soup instead of the mushroom soup... omg!! so good!)
- 1/4 c
- chopped onion, brown with the ground beef
- 1 can(s)
- your favorite veggie, like green beans, whole kernel corn, peas, veg--all, etc
- 1 pkg
- frozen tater tots
- 4 oz
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can(s)
- (very small can) sliced black olives (optional)
How to Make Cathy's Tater Tot Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown the ground beef (or gr. turkey or chicken). Add chopped onion while browning. Drain what drippings you can. Add soup and veggie of your choice and mix together.
- 2Arrange about half of the tater tots on the bottom of 9 X 13 inch baking dish. (Glass is best) Pour soup mixture into dish. Top with shredded cheese and remaining tater tots. If you feel you have too many tater tots on top, remove some. Then sprinkle sliced black olives on top (optional).
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hrs uncovered. Remove from oven and let cool about 20 minutes before serving. Serve with perhaps a nice cool side salad, cole slaw, sliced fresh tomatoes or chilled pickled beets.
Bon Apetit' Y'all!!