Calamari Collard Bundles With Cashew Cream Goat Cheese Sauce
- 8 large
- collard greens
- 6 large
- white button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 large
- cloves garlic, minced
- 4 large
- green onions
- 3 Tbsp
- goat butter
- 2 Tbsp
- coconut oil
- 1 small
- bunch fresh tarragon, divided
- 1 medium
- zucchini, chopped into a small dice.
- 1-16 oz. pkg
- frozen calamari
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 1-12 oz. bottle
- vegetable bruschetta
- 1/2 c
- raw cashews
- 1 c
- coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 c
- mild goat cheese, grated
CASHEW CREAM GOAT CHEES SAUCE
How to Make Calamari Collard Bundles With Cashew Cream Goat Cheese Sauce
- 1TO PREPARE THE COLLARD GREENS:
- 2Heat up a large pot of water. Wash the collard leaves. Cut 3/4 of the stem by running a sharp knife down the stem on the bottom part of each leaf being careful not to cut the leaf. Leave enough stem to hold the leaf together. Cut any excess of the stem off past the leaf. Try to roll the leaf, if it rolls easily then it's good to go.
- 3Once each leaf is done and the water is boiling, submerge the leaves in the water until they turn bright green. It won't take but 3-5 minutes. Remove the leaves and lie flat on a plate. Set aside.
- 4PREPARE THE FILLING:
- 5Heat 1 tbsp. of goat butter and 1 tbsp. coconut oil in your saute pan. Saute the onions and mushrooms until just done, then add the garlic and 1/2 the bunch of fresh tarragon and saute until it's just done. Remove and set aside.
- 6Add 1 tbsp. butter and 1 tbsp. coconut oil and saute the zucchini until just tender. This shouldn't take long if you diced the zucchini into small pieces. Remove and set aside.
- 7Heat up the last tbsp. goat butter and saute the calamari and last 1/2 of the bunch of tarragon. cook the calamari until just done. That shouldn't take more then 50 seconds. DO NOT OVER COOK THE CALAMARI, IT WILL GET RUBBERY! Add the other ingredients that you've just cooked into calamari and give it a good stir. Remove (saving the juices in the pan) and put into a bowl. Put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes until it is chilled.
The pan juices will be added to the sauce.
- 8While the filling is cooling off, set each of the prepared collard leaves on a flat surface and dry them with a paper towel.
- 9Spread 1/8 of the bruschetta on each leave. Then, get your filling and spread 1/8 of it on each leaf.
- 10Roll the leaf up by bringing the top to the bottom then roll the sides up as tightly as you can and set on a plate and put into the fridge.
- 11FOR THE CASHEW CREAM GOAT CHEESE SAUCE:
- 12Put the cashews, pan juices, coconut creamer and goat cheese in a blender. Blend until totally creamy. If you don't eat this immediately keep in the fridge.
- 13You can warm the collard bundles if you wish. Regardless, warm the sauce up as it will be too thick to pour if it's cold.