- 2 large
- lg heads of cabbage
- 2 pkg
- pks of smoked sausage (any kind you like)
- 5 lb
- bag of potaotes
- 1 large
- or 2 small to medium onions
- 4 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup/or 2 lg cans of cream of celery soup
- salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste
How to Make Cabbage Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350,You need a lg pot, i use one of the speckled pots that you take camping and cook outside with.
- 2Cut your potatoes,smoked sausage and onions up ahead of time set aside, cut your cabbage into 4ths cut core out.
- 3in bottom of pot put 1 can or 2 small cans depending on what kind your using, take 1 of the heads of cabbage that's cut into 4ths and rip apart in to lg pieces and put in to til the whole head is done.
- 4then add half of the potatoes 1 whole pkg of smoked sausage and half the onion,then add salt( DON'T USE ALOT) garlic powder and pepper.
- 5the repeat with the other head of cabbage,remaining potatoes,smoked sausage and onions, add a lil more salt(less than what u used the first time)garlic powder and pepper put lid on and bake for 45 mins (DO NOT TOUCH FOR THAT AMOUNT OF TIME) then take out and stir very good and put 2nd lg can or the other 2 sm cans of soup in and stir the place back in oven and let cook another 15 mins then take out and stir, then put back in for 15 more mins then take out and stir and test your cabbage if its to the tenderness you like its done, if not put in again for another 15 mins then check...
- 6if it is to thick u can add some milk, but add a lil at a time and stir...