Cabbage and sausage
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkghillshire farm beef polska kielbasa, chopped
1 mediumred bell pepper, cut into strips
1 mediumyellow bell pepper, cut into strips
1 largecabbage head, chopped
·seasoned salt and pepper, preference
1 cbeef broth
How to Make Cabbage and sausage
- Chop Kielbasa sausage into bite size pieces. Set aside. Chop and rinse off cabbage cabbage and set aside in a large bowl.
- In a large iron skillet or medium pan over medium heat put in the butter, oil, peppers and sausage. Lighly saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and stir for a second to coat. Then add 1/2 cup of beef broth, seasoned salt and pepper to taste and turn down heat to Medium.
- Cook cabbage to desired consistency. Add 1/4 cup of broth if the water is boiling out too soon. I prefer a little crunch but some people like it a little softer.
- Serve with hot, butter cornbread.