Butterflied Cornish Hens Rubbed with Lemon Garlic Butter1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- cornish game hens
- 1 c
- fresh lemon juice
- 8 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- minced garlic clove
- white pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- ancho powder
How to Make Butterflied Cornish Hens Rubbed with Lemon Garlic Butter
- 1Butterfly cornish hens.
- 2Prepare a wood or charcoal fire and let it burn down to embers.
- 3In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the lemon juice to a boil and reduce to the consistency of honey.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a food processor, blend the lemon syrup and garlic with the butter and season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve.
- 6Brush the hens with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 7Sprinkle with the ancho chile powder and grill skin side down over medium low heat, covered, for 15 minutes.
- 8The skin should be brown and crispy.
- 9Turn the hens over and cook an additional 5 minutes or until done.
- 10Remove from the grill and rub them generously with the room temperature lemon garlic butter.