Butterflied Cornish Hens Rubbed with Lemon Garlic Butter1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4cornish game hens
1 cfresh lemon juice
2 Tbspminced garlic clove
2 Tbspancho powder
How to Make Butterflied Cornish Hens Rubbed with Lemon Garlic Butter
- Butterfly cornish hens.
- Prepare a wood or charcoal fire and let it burn down to embers.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the lemon juice to a boil and reduce to the consistency of honey.
- Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the lemon syrup and garlic with the butter and season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve.
- Brush the hens with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Sprinkle with the ancho chile powder and grill skin side down over medium low heat, covered, for 15 minutes.
- The skin should be brown and crispy.
- Turn the hens over and cook an additional 5 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the grill and rub them generously with the room temperature lemon garlic butter.