☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1/2 tspground black pepper
4lamb shanks (about 4-5 pounds total)
2 Tbspolive oil
1 largeonion, chopped
4 clovegarlic, minced
1 cbeef broth, or chicken broth
1 cburgundy wine, or dry red wine
2 Tbspfresh rosemary, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried
How to Make Braised Lamb Shanks
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in plastic or paper bag. Add shanks 1 at a time to bag; shake to coat lightly with seasoned flour. (Be sure to use all of flour mixture.)
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil and butter in large Dutch oven over medium heat until hot.
- Add lamb shanks in batches; brown on all sides. Transfer lamb to plate; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to Dutch oven, if needed.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, wine and rosemary; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Return lamb and any accumulated juices from plate to Dutch oven.
- Cover; place in preheated oven.
- Cook 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until lamb is fork tender. Transfer lamb to serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim off and discard fat from juices in Dutch oven. Boil juices until reduced to 2 cups and slightly thickened. (Depending on amount of remaining liquid, this could take from 2 to 10 minutes.)
- Pour sauce over lamb.