Braised Breast Of Duck with Peaches1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspvegetable oil
2duck breasts, halved and boned
2 Tbsprind of orange, grated
1 tspmeat flavoring
1/4 corange juice
3/4 cpeaches, fresh pureed
1 cheavy cream, whipped
1/2 tspgarlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1 tsptomato paste
1 cchicken stock
1 tspjelly, red currant
How to Make Braised Breast Of Duck with Peaches
- In deep heavy pot, heat oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter. Let it melt and foam.
- Add mushrooms. Stir over high heat 2 minutes then remove mushrooms with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Brown livers; remove and set aside.
- Lightly brown duck breasts on both sides and remove from pan.
- Reduce heat to low. Add 1 tablespoon butter and melt it.
- Add garlic and orange rind; Stir over low heat 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and meat flavoring. Blend.
- Add stock, orange juice and honey. Stir over moderate heat until mixture boils.
- Add peach puree and jelly. Bring to a boil.
- Place breasts in pot and coat with sauce. Cook over low heat about 20 minutes or until done.
- Arrange breasts on heat-proof serving platter or gratin dish.
- Whisk whipped cream into sauce. Add mushrooms and peaches.
- Spoon sauce mixture over breasts. Brown top lightly until broiler.
- Slice livers neatly and arrange as garnish on top of dish.