BLT Irish Flag Style
- 1 pkg
- turkey bacon (or regular bacon if that is your preference)
- 1 Tbsp
- clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1/2 large
- onion, sliced thin
- 1 large
- carrot, grated
- sandwich rolls/hamburger buns/etc
- sliced cheese (optional)
How to Make BLT Irish Flag Style
- 1Cut bacon strips in half and cook thoroughly and set aside on paper towel covered plate to absorb excess fat.
- 2Meanwhile, saute onion, carrot and garlic in butter until onion and carrot are very soft.
- 3Lightly toast inside of bread and spread each side with peppery herb spread (see end for directions).
Place slice of cheese on bottom half.
Layer on bacon (I used about 8-9 half strips per sammie).
Top with cooked onion & carrots then lettuce. I sprinkled just a little salt over the onions when they were on the sammie.
- 4Pepper Herb Spread
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp dried cloves
1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
dash garlic powder
a few drops of lemon juice
In a small bowl, stir together until well mixed.
I really like fresh ground pepper, so the amount may need to be adjusted to individual taste.