8 slicewheat bread
16 sliceapple wood smoked bacon
1 pkg6 oz. gorgonzola cheese spread
2 Tbspfresh chopped chives
1/4 cfresh chopped basil
1 largeripley tennesse tomato sliced into 8 slices
4 mediumlettuce leaves
1/4 cblack pepper mayo
1 dash(es)salt for tomatoes
How to Make BLT&G Sandwich
- Place bacon on brolier pan and place preheated 375 degree oven and bake untill brown and crispy about 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven let set.
- Place chives and basil into gorgonzola cheese spread and mix well.( if you canot find gorgonzala spread use any cheese spread with herbs )The chese spread just add anothe depth to the sandwich.
- Wash tomato and lettuce and drain lettuce. Slice tomato in nice thick slices place on paper towel and sprinkle with salt this brings out the goodness of the tomato taste.
- Place bread on baking sheet and toast in oven for 4 mins or use your toaster.
- To plate spread mayo on all 8 slices of bread,followed by gorgonzola cheesd spread on both sides of bread. Place lettuce on bottom slice followed by tomatos then 4 slices of bacon. Hold sandwich and cut on the diagonal. I serve sandwiches with tomato basil potato chips!