Blackberry Apple Sandwich with a Kick
The blending of Blackberry and Chipotle and apple and ham lends to a complex, grown up grilled cheese sure to please the adventurous palette!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This blackberry chipolte is going to be a staple condiment in my fridge! It is a refreshing addition to sandwiches. Also liked the apple slices in the sandwich and the coconut oil. The Test Kitchen
2 tspcoconut oil
2 slicebuttermilk bread
4 tspblackberry chipotle sauce
2 sliceswiss cheese
4 slicedeli style smoked ham
2 slicegranny smith apple
BLACKBERRY CHIPOTLE SAUCE
1/4 cblackberry jam
1chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, seeds removed, minced
How to Make Blackberry Apple Sandwich with a Kick
- In small bowl mix together ingredients for sauce.
- To make sandwich spread 1 teaspoon coconut oil on each slice of bread. On other side of bread, spread 2 teaspoons jam mixture, set bread in nonstick pan, coconut oil side down on medium-medium/high heat.
- Build inside in this order, 1 slice swiss, 2 slices ham, apple slices (side by side), 2 slices ham, 1 slice swiss.
- On remaining slice of bread, spread 2 teaspoons jam mixture and on other side spread 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Place bread on top of sandwich, oil side out.
- Cook sandwich until dark golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Save remaining jam mixture for other sandwiches in airtight container in fridge.