Best Pot Roast you will ever eat!!
Sharon Vanden Bossche
The meat is so tender and flavorful.
The vegetable take in the flavor of the meat and seasonings.
Wonderful smell while cooking and Everyone enjoys it!
- 3-5 lb
- beef (sirloin or a chuck will be fine)
- 1 pkg
- pot roast seasoning mix or stew mix
- potates - cleaned/peeled cut into quarters
- 1 pkg
- carrots - i use 1-16 oz. pkg. baby carrots that are already cleaned and peeled
- 3-4 large
- onions - peeled and quartered
- 1 bottle
- beer - any brand will do
- season salt
- garlic powder
How to Make Best Pot Roast you will ever eat!!
- 1Lightly sprinkle the meat with Season Salt, Garlic Powder and Pepper, Sear the meat on both sides until brown then place in roasting pan.
- 2Clean Potatoes, Onions and Carrots. Cut potatoes in quarters and alternate with the quartered onions and the Baby Carrots.
- 3Take the Pot Roast Season mix and put in a medium bowl and add the Beer instead of water, and mix. When mixture has absorbed all of the beer pour over the meat, potatoes, onions and carrots. Add some of the beer to the skillet that you seared the meat in and clean the juices and meat flavorings and then pour this into the pot, add remainder of beer to the pot.
- 4Heat oven and set at 250 degrees. Cover Roasting pan with lid or foil and let it cook for about 5 hours....the last hour uncover the pan so that some of the juices will reduce and make it's own gravy....the smell while it is cooking will be so tempting you will have to keep people away from the oven or they will be taste testing before it is served. It is done when a fork slides through the potates.