1 pkg36 count-frozen dinner rolls, thawed
1 1/2 lbground beef
1onion, finely chopped
1 tspseasoned salt
How to Make Berishke
- Set out dinner rolls to thaw as for buns on lightly greased baking sheets. I put 18 to a baking sheets. Let thaw completely but do not let them raise.
- Brown hamburger with onion, seasoned salt and pepper. Drain well and let cool. Use your potato mashher to break up the beef into fine pieces.
- Drain sauerkraut well. Mix into browned hamburger and set aside.
- Once the dough has thawed and the burger/kraut mixture is cooled, take each dough ball and stretch out thin. Be careful not to tear the dough. Put a little over a tablespoon or so of the hamburger kraut mixture on each piece of dough. Fold together the dough to make a small pocket and place seam side down on your lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake each pan for 15 minutes at 350 or until lightly browned. Remove from pans and let cool. Serve immediately or you can refrigerate or put into ziplock bags and freeze. To serve from frozen, let thaw in refrigerator and eat.