Bean, and Pea Medley
1 1/2 cdried navy beans
2 cblack-eyed peas
1 pkgneck bones, smoked ham hocks, (or other seasoning meat)
1 clentils, dry
1 can(s)black beans, canned
2 cfrozen white corn
2 Tbspgarlic minced
2 cfrozen onion, pepper, celery mix
1 mediumacorn squash
1 Tbspdry pepper seed
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Bean, and Pea Medley
- Sort navy beans and peas, rinse well. Cover with water, and bring to a boil for one minute. Allow to soak one hour.
- Cut Acorn squash in two and scrape out the seeds. Cover with foil, (cling wrap if microwaving)and bake until fork tender. Remove skin and cut into one inch cubes. Set aside.
- Drain beans, peas, and put them in pressure cooker or stock pot.
- Adds squash, lentils, seasoning meat, garlic, onion mixture, bouillon, pepper seed, salt and pepper. Fill pressure cooker or stock pot half full of water. (Pressure cook for 15 minutes after cooker begins to jiggle). In stock pot cook until beans are tender.
- Remove neck bones, hocks, and allow to cool, and remove meat from bones. Add meat to beans along with can of black beans, and corn. Simmer until everything is well heated. Taste for additional seasoning as needed.
- Serve over rice with slice of corn bread and glass of Ice tea.