- 1 c
- eggs, large
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 2/3 c
- grated cheese, your choice
- 1/2 c
- mushrooms, canned (optional)
- 1/4 c
- peppers, chopped (optional)
- 6 oz
- crabmeat, any cooked meat, ham, sausage, bacon
- garnish , your choice (parsley, green onion)
1- 9 INCH PIE SHELL/ IF USING DEEP DISH ADD ANOTHER EGG AND 2 T. HALF-N-HALF
How to Make Basic Quiche filling
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
Pre cook any meat you decide to use as a filling. Set aside and cool.
Soften any vegies you plan to use, i.e. onions, celery, carrots, mushrooms in a saute pan with a little EVOO or canola oil. (Use spray if you're concerned about calories.) Cool.
Beat together eggs, half/half, and seasonings.
- 2Place drained cooked meat in bottom of pie crust. Layer your vegies on next and sprinkle on grated or cubed cheeses.
Add beaten egg mixture. Bake 35 min's or until center is firm. Let set 5-10 min's before serving.