Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
4large fresh tomatoes
2 tspsalt free table blend seasoning blend
4 Tbspfinely chopped onion
4large eggs (or extra large if your tomatoes are big)
114.5 ounce can chicken broth
1/4 cfresh chopped parsley
·salt and pepper to taste
4thick slices country style white bread, toasted and generously butteres
How to Make Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With a sharp knife, cut off the top inch of tomatoes. Discard the trimmings. With a teaspoon, carefully scoop out the seeds and some of the tomato flesh. making a well in each tomato. Be careful not to tear any holes in the tomatoes. Reserve scooped out flesh.
- Place hollowed out tomatoes in a 9"X9" square glass baking dish. Arrange reserved tomato flesh around tomatoes.
- Put 1 tablespoon of butter in the bottom of each tomato well. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon table blend seasoning and 1 tablespoon chopped onion into each. Crack an egg into each well, being careful not to break yolk. Place 1 tablespoon butter on top of each egg and season with salt and pepper. Carefully pour chicken broth into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until egg is cooked through. (Actual baking time depends on size of tomatoes and eggs.) Remove from oven, sprinkle with parsley.
- To serve: Place a piece of toasted, buttered bread in center of a shallow bowl. Top with a tomato and scoop additional tomato pieces and broth into bowl.