Bacon Wrapped Grilled Venison Backstrap Roast
11/2 lbvenison backstrap roast
3 slicepepper bacon, thick sliced
1/4 csoy sauce
2 Tbspolive oil
2 clovegarlic, minced
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 Tbsprosemary, dried
1 Tbspthyme, dried
2 tspsalt and pepper
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Grilled Venison Backstrap Roast
- Rub roast with olive oil. Sprinkle all sides with salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
- For Marinade: Mix together the soy sauce, 2tbsp olive oil, garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour marinade over roast in glass baking dish. Cover. Let marinade 2-5 hours in refrigerator.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to grilling.
During this time prepare the charcoal grill to med-high heat.
- Wrap bacon around roast and secure with toothpicks.
- Spray BBQ grill plates with non stick spray. Sear roast 3 minutes per side.
- Move roast to medium heat on the grill and continue to grill until the internal temperature reaches 140°F. This is for medium rare, any higher and the roast will be dry and tough.
- Remove from grill and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.