Bacon Cheese Puff Pie
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
I will update the photo the next time I make it ( which will be as soon as tomatoes are ready this summer).
The recipe came from my TOH Feb/ March issue.
- unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 lb
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large
- tomato, peeled and sliced or 2 - 3 small
- 1 c
- (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese ( i always add a bit more )
- eggs, seperated
- 3/4 c
- sour cream
- 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Bacon Cheese Puff Pie
- 1Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool completely.
I use homemade crust for two pies, and double ingredients for filling, as this is great leftover meal. Just re heat in microwave.
- 2Sprinkle bacon over the crust. Top with tomato and cheese. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, sour cream, flour and salt until smooth. In another large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into sour cream mixture; spread over cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 3Bake at 350° for 30 - 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Mine is always baked in 30 minutes.