Awesome Baked Beans
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lg onion chopped
- i ea green, red & orange or yellow pepper chopped
- 1 lb bacon chopped
- 1 can button mushrooms, drained & halved
- 1 can kidney beans, well drained
- 1 can black beans, well drained
- 2 cans brown beans in sauce
- 1 can cut green beans or equivalent amount of frozen green beans
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 455 ml jar of heinz chili sauce
How to Make Awesome Baked Beans
- 1Use a large pot for this as it makes quite a large amount. Chop onions, peppers & halve mushrooms. Chop bacon & fry till softened but not hard cooked. If you have a LOT of bacon fat left, you could drain some off but it is best not to skimp with it. Add onions & peppers & saute till softened. Add mushrooms.
- 2Add the drained beans, the Chili sauce, brown sugar & cook for 2 1/2 hours in the oven at 250 degrees or on top of the stove at low heat stirring occasionally.