Audrea's Easy Black Beans
8 can(s)15.5oz black beans
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin
2 clovegarlic (large cloves or 4 small ones)
1/2 cchimichurri sauce--you can substitute 1/4 cup mrs. dash lime garlic marinade
3/4 cmojo marinade (in ethnic section)
1/2 jar(s)goya recaito culantro cooking base (ethnic section)
1/2 pkglow sodium bacon-cut into 1/2 inch pieces
·dollop of sour cream
How to Make Audrea's Easy Black Beans
- Place 4 cans in colander and drain beans. Rinse well with water. Pour into blender. Take the other 4 cans of beans and drain them in colander then rinse the beans well. Set these beans aside.
- Chop garlic. Place Olive oil in large pot. Add the garlic, uncooked bacon, and 1/2 jar of Goya Recaito Culantro cooking base to pot. Cook for approximately 5 minutes on high. Stir occasionally. Add the Chimichurri sauce or Mrs Dash Lime Garlic Marinade to mixture in pot.
- Place 3/4 cup of Mojo Marinade to beans in blender. Place 1 empty black bean can of water to blender. Blend on the puree setting until beans are well pureed.
- In pot of boiling seasonings, add both blended and whole beans. Reduce heat to medium high and let the mixture come to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer and cook for 20 more minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking on bottom of pot.
- Serve over rice. May add chopped onion and/or a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy. Will last in refrigerator for a few weeks. These beans will freeze well in a freezer safe container.