☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 3 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- achiote oil
- 3 oz
- onions, chopped
- tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp
- curry powder
- 6 oz
- tomato paste
- 1 1/2 lb
- shrimp, peeled and deveined
- lettuce or cooked green peas, for garnish
- grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
How to Make Arroz con Langostinos al Curry (Curried Rice with
- 1In a saucepan, combine rice, oil, 1 ounce of butter, 4 1/2 cup water, and salt to taste; let the rice cook, uncovered until it is nearly tender and little volcanos form, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, stir once, cover, and let stand until the rest of the dish is finished.
- 2Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion in remaining butter for a few minutes; add tomatoes, tomato paste (mixed with 1/2 cup water), curry powder, and salt. Leave 4 shrimps whole, and cut the remainder into 3 pieces; add to sauce and cook until they just cook through and are opaque.
- 3Once the rice is done, stir in the sauce (removing the 4 whole shrimps that will garnish the plate); place into a bowl to form a mold.
- 4To serve, you can plate a little lettuce or green peas, turn the rice mold on top, then garnish with grated Parmesan and the whole shrimps.