Andouille Sausage Skillet Meal
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- saffron rice (i used mahatma)
- 1 1/2 lb
- andouille sausage
- 1 large
- 2 c
- broccolli florets (i used fresh)
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Andouille Sausage Skillet Meal
- 1Prepare rice according to directions on package. Should take about 20 minutes.
- 2In large skillet add 1/2 inch of water (about 1 1/2 cps) and lay Andouille sausage in center of pan. Slice onion in thick slices. Cut the slices in half and lay them around outside of sausage. Stack broccoli on top of onion slices.
- 3Sprinkle garlic powder and salt on broccoli and plop butter in the center of the pan.
- 4Cover and cook on med-hi heat, turning sausage several times, for 10-12 minutes.
- 5By this time your rice should be done. Spoon rice onto center of dinner plate and place sausage on top then cover with broccoli and onion. That's it!