A Very Easy and Delicious Eggplant Parmesan
- 12 inch eggplant
- sea salt
- 1 Tbsp
- everglades heat seasoning
- 1 tsp
- freshly ground gourmet peppercorns or regular
- 2 c
- chipotle panko bread crumbs
- 2 c
- regular bread crumbs
- 1 c
- parmesan cheese (in the jar)
- 1 1/2
- cap fulls of mrs. dash southwest chipotle seasoning
- 6 oz
- provolone cheese, shredded
- 3 oz
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (not in the jar)
- medium size tomatoe, sliced i used a yellow one
- 1 oz
- prosciutto cut up in pieces
- jar of spaghetti sauce, i used francesco rinaldi no salt added traditional spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2
- cap fulls of mrs. dash italian seasoning blend
- canola oil or your choice of oil
How to Make A Very Easy and Delicious Eggplant Parmesan
- 1Lay your cut and skinned eggplant on paper towels, 2 thick-paper towels that is, sprinkle with sea salt and allow the moisture to draw out.
- 2Blot off extra moisture. Get two medium bowls.
In the first bowl add your eggs and the Everglade Seasoning, or seasoning of your choice. Mix well.
In the second bowl add your bread crumbs and panko, grated cheese, and Mrs. Dash Southwestern Chipotle Seasoning and a little more freshly ground pepper. Mix well.
- 3Dip eggplant in the first bowl, then in the second and repeat. Do the same for the remaining slices. Set on a meat plate, cover with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator for 24 hours. You can cut this down but they need to be in there for at least a few hours so they set up and coating will not fall off during frying process.
- 4Next day fry up your eggplant and keep warm until all are done.
- 5Spray a baking dish, pick a size that will accommodate all your eggplant on one level. Lay the eggplant down first, add some of the sauce, next take your sliced tomato and lay on top of the eggplant and sauce, next sprinkle half of the cheese over top, and the prosciutto, add more sauce and finish up with the rest of the cheese. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning and back in a 350° preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the top is nice and brown and bubbly. Enjoy. Serve with a salad and your favorite bread.
- 6Note: If you can't find provolone pre-shredded. Go to your Deli ask them to cut you off a thick slice and take home and shred it yourself with a grater.