"Your Choice" Dip or Pinwheels
My husband's side of the family gets together often, and everyone brings a dish. We all have different specialties, and they're all slap-yo-mamma good. My mother-in-law, Janice Stith, and I bring two variations of the same thing, mine is a dip while hers are pinwheels. They are made from almost identical ingredients, so try both ways and decide which you like best..."Your Choice".
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 lb
- ground pork sausage
- 1 can(s)
- rotel tomatoes with green chiles, well drained
- hot sauce, to taste
- flour tortillas (if making pinwheels)
- tortilla chips (if making dip)
How to Make "Your Choice" Dip or Pinwheels
- 1It all starts out the same, brown the sausage until done and drain well. Combine cream cheese and Rotel with sausage and let simmer on low heat until cream cheese is melted. Stir in hot sauce if desired. I like Tobasco's Chipotle flavor.
- 2If making the dip, transfer the mixture into a crockpot and keep warm. Serve with tortilla chips.
- 3If making pinwheels, divide mixture onto a few flour tortillas and roll each one tightly. Chill the full rolls until ready to serve (at least an hour). Slice into 1/2 inch "pinwheels" and serve with your favorite sauce. I like "Picapeppa" sauce the best.