★★★★★ 1 vote5
- poblano peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c
- red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c
- corn kernels (frozen or fresh)
- 8-inch flour torillas
- 6 oz
- reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Veggie Quesadillas
- 1Place a cast-iron skillet in the oven and preheat the oven to 400*F. When the oven and skillet are hot, add the poblanos, onion and corn kernels directly to the pan. Dry roasted vegetables, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes, until they begin to brown around the edges. Remove the vegetables from the pan and set aside.
- 2Preheat the cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place 4 tortillas on a large cutting board, and place 1/4 of the roasted vegetables and 1/4 of the cheese on each of them. Top with the remaining 4 tortillas and press down. Cook the quesadillas one at a time in the hot pan for about 2 minutes per side. Let them rest for a few minutes before slicing. Refrigerate leftovers.