Bean and Mushroom Burritos
You can add whatever vegetables and beans you prefer. Change it up and make it interesting!
1/2 mediumyellow onion - diced
1/2 largegreen bell pepper - diced
1 Tbspextra virgin olive oil
1 pkgbaby portebello mushrooms - rinsed and chopped
1 can(s)pinto beans - rinsed and drained
1 can(s)garbanzo beans - rinsed and drained
1 can(s)diced tomatoes with jalapeños and/or green chile
2 cbrown rice - cooked
2 can(s)red or green enchilada sauce
2 cmexican blend shredded cheese
4 largeflour tortillas - 10
How to Make Bean and Mushroom Burritos
- Prep your veggies, beans and rice. Chop the mushrooms into large pieces - they will add a nice "meaty" texture to the burrito. To make this a really quick meal, use the microwave packs of brown rice, such as Uncle Ben's or other brand.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper. Cook until just tender.
- Add beans and tomatoes. Heat through.
- Add mushrooms. Heat until they are just warm and slightly soft. You don't want them to cook too long or shrink too much.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, warm enchilada sauce for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes in microwave.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for 10 - 20 seconds or until pliable.
- Place tortilla on plate.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of rice down center of tortilla.
- Scoop 1/4 of bean and mushroom mixture on top of rice.
- Roll one side of tortilla over filling, tuck in the sides and roll over again (seam-side down) to make burrito.
- Top with enchilada sauce and shredded cheese.
- Can be put in microwave for 30 - 45 seconds to melt cheese if necessary.