These are so good. I don't usually fry the tortillas to make the baskets, but drape them over forms and bake them in the oven.Source: Unknown
- 4 flour tortillas, 8 inch size
- 2 cups refried beans
- 2 cups shredded beef or chicken
- 1 cup salsa
- oil for deep frying
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, sliced
How to Make Tostadas Supreme
- 1Heat 2 cups oil in deep 1 1/2 quart pot. Using tongs, put tortilla over top of pot and push into hot oil with a metal ladle so that sides of tortilla turn up to form a basket. Fry about 1 minute til golden and crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat process with each tortilla.
- 2Fill basket with layers of warm beans, shredded meat mixture, lettuce and cheese. Top with sour cream, avocado and salsa.
- 3Note: Special frying baskets for tostada shells are available where housewares are sold. Follow manufacturer's instructions for us.