4-6tortillas - flour or corn, your choice
2 Tbspsour cream
1-2 cchopped veggies, again your choice - i used chopped onion, chopped green pepper, corn. you can use eggplant, celery, olives, spinach, anything really
1-2 cleftover taco meat, cooked seasoned chicken, or carne asada. (optional -- omit for vegetarian)
1 1/2 cshredded cheese (cheddar, jack, mexican blend, whatever)
How to Make Tortilla pie
- Lightly grease a pie dish. Start the bottom layer with a tortilla spread with 2tbls sour cream. Add a tbls or two of the salsa and swirl it together. Top with another tortilla.
- Next layer the meat topped with a handful of cheese. Top with another tortilla.
- Next layer the veggies with more cheese.
- Top with another tortilla and enough salsa to cover with some dribbling over the sides (the slant of the pie plate should allow for salsa to drip over the other layers.
- Bake at 375deg for 25 min. Pull out of the oven, top with remaining cheese (should cover the top nicely) and bake for another 10 min.
- Serve slices with avocado and more sour cream if desired