- tortillas - flour or corn, your choice
- 2 Tbsp
- sour cream
- 1-2 c
- chopped veggies, again your choice - i used chopped onion, chopped green pepper, corn. you can use eggplant, celery, olives, spinach, anything really
- 1-2 c
- leftover taco meat, cooked seasoned chicken, or carne asada. (optional -- omit for vegetarian)
- 1 jar(s)
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cheese (cheddar, jack, mexican blend, whatever)
How to Make Tortilla pie
- 1Lightly grease a pie dish. Start the bottom layer with a tortilla spread with 2tbls sour cream. Add a tbls or two of the salsa and swirl it together. Top with another tortilla.
- 2Next layer the meat topped with a handful of cheese. Top with another tortilla.
- 3Next layer the veggies with more cheese.
- 4Top with another tortilla and enough salsa to cover with some dribbling over the sides (the slant of the pie plate should allow for salsa to drip over the other layers.
- 5Bake at 375deg for 25 min. Pull out of the oven, top with remaining cheese (should cover the top nicely) and bake for another 10 min.
- 6Serve slices with avocado and more sour cream if desired