Texas Beef and Chicken Fajitas!
- 1 pkg
- large flour tortillas, 20 count
- 3 - 4 lb
- beef skirt steak, i prefer untenderized, but tenderized will do.
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into 1/2 thick strips
- 20 oz. bottle
- terriyaki marinade & sauce
- 12 large
- 24 oz. bottle
- wishbone italian dressing
- 1 pkg
- grated cheddar cheese
- 1 small
- red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small
- head iceburg lettuce, shredded
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- 1 pkg
- prepared guacomole
- 1 jar(s)
- picante sauce
How to Make Texas Beef and Chicken Fajitas!
- 1In TWO seperate bowls, combine 1/2 bottle each of Terriyaki sauce, Wishbone Italian Dressing and juice of 5 limes in each bowl. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture to be used for basting meat while grilling.
- 2*Remaining 2 limes will be used on meat while grilling.
- 3Add beef skirt steak to one bowl and chicken strips to the other bowl. Toss to cover well in marinade. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- 4If using a charcoal grill, charcoal should be ash grey before placing meat on grill. If using a propane grill, preheat to 350 or medium heat.
- 5Place meat on grill just to the side of direct heat. I keep a water bottle handy to mist flames as the oil from the dressing may cause flare ups.
- 6Cook ONLY beef skirt steak for 30 minutes flipping meat over and basting every 10 minutes with reserve marinade and juice from remaining 2 limes. After 30 minutes, ADD chicken to the grill by placing the strips on a sheet of heavy duty foil. Cook both meats for an additional 15 - 20 minutes. Chicken is done when meat is white through and through.
- 7Remove skirt steak from grill and slice at a 45 degree angle ACROSS the grain into 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide slices. * The grain is the direction the fibers in the meat run. If you cut in the same direction as the grain runs, this cut of meat will be tough to chew. In cutting across the grain, you're letting your knife do the work for you.
- 8Warm tortillas by placing all of the tortillas at once between dampened paper towels and placing in the microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated. Keep tortillas warm by wrapping them in a smooth cotton cloth and placing on a warmed plate.
- 9Serve meat on warmed platters. Place in flour tortillas and add garnishes as desired. Can be served with refried beans and corn tortilla chips...ENJOY!