1 1/2- 2 lbground beef
2 pkgtaco seasoning mix
2 mediumjars of salsa
2 - 16 ozsour cream
2 jar(s)refrigerated crescent rolls
1 largehead of lettuce (shredded)
2 - 3 largetomatoes (chopped)
1 - 16 ozmexican blend (or sharp cheddar) shredded cheese
1 jar(s)sliced black olives (optional)
1 largebag of cheddar cheese flavored doritos
How to Make Taco Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place ground beef and chopped onion in a large pot or pan and cook thoroughly. Drain, return to pot or pan, and set aside.
- While cooking beef, tear crescent rolls at perforations and lightly push into a 13 X 9" baking pan. Be sure to include sides of pan about 2 inches. You will have some leftover crescent rolls (I bake them separately).
- While in the bag, use hands to crush Dorito chips. Place 1/2 bag of crushed Dorito chips over crescent rolls.
- Stir in taco seasoning mixes and 1/2-3/4 jar of salsa (depending on the amount of beef)to cooked ground beef.
Spoon out all of ground beef mixture and spread over crushed Doritos.
- Spoon out one container of sour cream and spread over beef mixture.
- Place the remaining 1/2 bag of crushed Doritos over the sour cream.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes. Expect Doritos to darken slightly but do not burn them.
- Let Taco Pie cool for about 10 minutes. Using a knife, cut pie into serving size squares. Place each square on a dinner sized plate.
- Add your toppings: Lettuce, tomatoes, more salsa and sour cream if desired, black olives (optional) and top with cheese.
- Eat and enjoy!