1 Tbspbutter, cold
1bag of tortilla chips (any of your choice), crushed
1 can(s)refried beans
½ ccheddar cheese or of your choice, shredded
2 Tbsptaco seasoning mix
1 lbground beef
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix (minus the two tablespoons used in the refried beans)
1 csharp cheddar cheese (never hurts to use even more if liked)
How to Make Taco Casserole
- Butter/marg/grease bottom and sides of an 8x8 casserole dish with the 1 tablespoon cold butter. Cover bottom of dish w/crushed tortilla chips (using enough to cover bottom of casserole dish).
- In sm. suacepan, heat refried beans (1 can), ½ cup shredded cheese (of your choice), ¼ cup salsa (of your choice), and 2T taco seasoning mix until heated through.
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, and taco seasoning (minus the 2 tablespoons used in the refried beans) according to directions.
- Place half of bean mixture (spreading as evenly as possible) over tortilla chips. Place half of ground beef mixture over the tortilla and bean mixture layer. Top with cheese.
- Repeat layers: tortilla chips, bean mixture, meat mixture and top with LOTS of shredded cheese.
- Bake in a 350 to 375° oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until cheese is browned.
- Serve with fresh or canned diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and sour cream.
Add any toppings of your choice: black olives, salsa, etc.