How to Make Taco Casserole
- Brown ground beef in (oven safe) skillet on top of stove. Add minced onions, taco seasoning packet, 1 c. water, cook on low until water is gone.
- While cooking ground beef,cut tortillas into 1" by 1" pieces and then fry in a little bit of oil until they become very hard and set aside.
- Stir tomato sauce into cooked ground beef mixture.
- Stir broken tortilla bits into beef mixture just until coated with mixture.
- Cover with foil and place mixture (in oven proof skillet) into a oven to 375 degrees oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and serve with sour cream. Some optional add-in ideas: red onion; sliced black olives.